Its just two days that magnum opus 2.0 has released and the film has broken records and created some new ones which will make you think that this is Rajnikanth’s magic. The film earned Rs. 100 crores in just one day. 2.0 has become the first ever film of Rajnikanth which has done mass opening and collection in Telugu states. With the pace 2.0 is moving ahead, we are expecting it to create new records in times to come. But for now, it has created 5 records that are eye-popping.
5 records that 2.0 broke in just one day of its release:
- 0 has become the first film of Akshay Kumar to earn Rs. 100 crore in just one day. His others films like Padman, Jolly LLB2 and Gold could not create such record.
- It is the first ever Rajnikanth’s film to bag the highest collection in Tamil Nadu. 2.0 earned Rs. 26.7 crore. Earlier, it was Rajnikanth’s Kaala that collected huge sum but that too was Rs. 17 crore.
- Rajnikanth starrer 2.0 has become the highest grosser in Telugu states. He has a huge fan following in these states but none of his earlier films was able to create such huge records which 2.0 has done in just one day.
- The trade experts predicted that the Hindi version of 2.0 will earn somewhere between Rs. 20-25 crores. This has turned out to be true. 2.0 has earned Rs. 26 crores worldwide. This is the highest earning for any dubbed film. Earlier it was Baahubali that create a humongous record.
- We all know what fervour Baahubali created in the audience and critics. 2.0 is the only film after Baahubali which has been embraced the audiences and reviewers alike. The film has managed to enter the elite 100 crore club in just one day of its release. 2.0 is on its way to becoming one the biggest grosser in 2018 and we are expecting it to have total collections equivalent to Baahubali.